the oldest organized yoga center in the world
The Yoga Institute in Mumbai was founded in 1918 by Shri Yogendraji. It is the oldest organized centre of Yoga in the world.
Shri Yogendraji is known as the Father of Modern Yoga Renaissance from promoting the benefits of Yoga to the public, and pioneering yoga teacher training courses since 1954.
Located in an acre of lush greenery, the Institute is an oasis of peace in the middle of the hustle-bustle of Mumbai city. The simplicity, sincerity and non commercial angle of the Institute draws many people from across the world, and today more than a thousand people come to the Institute daily.
Plenty of yoga learning options are available:
YOGA TEACHER TRAINING COURSES:
- 1-month teacher training course
- 3-month teacher training course
- 7-month teacher training course
- 1-year teacher training course
YOGA CAMPS and WORKSHOPS:
- 7-day insight into yoga camps (introductory course to yoga theory and practice)
- Health camps (yoga believes that most health conditions are psychosomatic in nature)
- Vacation yoga camps for youngsters
- Camps on request (special camps for groups)
- Special regular class
- Weekend regular class
- Children regular class
- Parenting regular class
- Couples regular class
HOME YOGA CLASSES:
The Yoga Institute can arrange for experienced teachers to conduct yoga sessions at home for individuals or a group of family members/neighbours/friends, etc.
CORPORATE YOGA TRAINING:
- Stress management program (6 hrs)
- Yoga for back and joint problems (6 hrs)
- Yoga for respiratory problems (6 hrs)
- Weight management (6 hrs)
- Yoga for women (6 hrs)
- Yoga for menopause (6 hrs)
- Ahara, eating your way to good health (3 hrs)
- Yoga and eyecare (3 hrs)