Welcome to the Sri Sankat Mochan Yoga Research Institute, the only certified Yoga institute in Vrindavan.
Practice Yoga near the Holy River Yamuna, in a peaceful and natural environment.The Sri Sankat Mochan Yoga Research Institute is the only Governement certified Yoga Institute in Vrindavan.
- The Yoga Institute is located at the famous Parikrama (pilgrimage) Road, near the holy river Yamuna, next to many other ashrams and temples. The natural surroundings, the fresh air near the river Yamuna and the ayurvedic trees of this location makes it a peaceful and harmonious place for your Asana, Pranayama and Meditation practice.
- Another location of the Institute is situated near the Parikrama Marg, in the village Rajpur. There are 40 rooms, where the Yoga Philosophy and Meditation classes take place.
- The Main Office of the Institute is situated in the town centre of Vrindavan, at the Loi Bazaar.
- The guest rooms are located in a nearby Guesthouse in the Parikrama Marg.
- There are 20 teachers in the Institute who are teaching as well as the Asanas, Pranayama and Dhyana as the Yoga Philosophy. All our teachers have a certificate of DNYS (Diploma in Naturopathy Yogic Science).
- Yoga Classes in Asana, Philosophy, Pranayama and Meditation
- Yoga Teacher Training
- The Institute is the only Yoga Institute in Vrindavan providing Governement approved Yoga Teacher Training Certification. (Read more about the Teacher Training here.)
- Doctor Degree in DNYS (Diploma in Naturopathy Yogic Science), which is approved by the Akhil Bhartiya Prakartik Chikitsa Parisad, Raj Ghat, New Delhi India. This Institute was founded by Mahatma Gandhi.
The Institute works also on different projects:
- YOGA AND NATUROPATHIC CURE FOR THE UNPRIVILEGED, 2011
Financed by the Swami Vivekananda District Yoga Wellness Center, 2011
Morar Ji Desai National Yoga Institute,
- This project’s aim is to educate and cure the financially poor. It is free of cost and open for everyone. The attendants will get teaching in Yoga and naturopathic cure methods.
- The project is organised by the Health Ministry of the Governement of India New Delhi
- YOGA FOR SCHOOL CHILDREN
- The Institute is a part of a national wide project where village school children are tought yoga. The Institute was chosen to be the one who is in charge of the Yoga teaching in whole Uttar Pradesh state. This project was founded by the NCERT (National Council of Education, Research and Training).
- The Institute teaches yoga also in other schools in the Mathura district for free.
- YOGA AND NATUROPATHIC CURE IN HOSPITALS
- In year 2000-2004 the Central Council for Research in Yoga & Naturopathy (CCRYN) (Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Governement of India) approved the Institute a TPC (Nature Cure) Project for healing and curing with yoga. It took place in hospitals in the villages and towns all over India.
Social and environmental projects:
- The Institute is active in social and environmental issues and is running an NGO “Shri Dhramanjani Save the Globe Organization”.